Saturday, August 20, 2011

What makes you think you can run a 5k in a 20 lb weight vest?


Title says it all but I'll say some more.  This was from the July 4th Sportspectrum Firecracker 5k.  We finished in 24 minutes and change if I remember correctly.  Yeah, I know . . . who does this?  But really, how many 5ks can one do in a given year?  They get boring.  Sometimes you need to mix it up a bit . . .

When Will said he was going to bring some weight vests, I thought he meant the cool looking kind, all sleek and 100% black and velcro straps and just plain sweet.  Nope, he meant these.  Weight vests shouldn't be any color except for black, nor should they have pockets for your mp3 player (and if they do, then the pocket shouldn't be labeled "hey, look at me, I'm the little bitty pocket for your mp3 player, see my headphones symbol?").  Admittedly, I used the mp3 pocket.  And my playlist burnt holes in my eardrums because it was sweet and had Black Sabbath on it.  But I felt weird using the mp3 pocket THE WHOLE RACE, I swear.

These were all banging up against our sides and ill-fitting, but it made the run more difficult, which I guess was the whole point of this exercise.  Get it . . . exercise?  oh, goodness, lol.  yes, lol.

Next time we're wearing these:
Weight Vest  . . . the sweet looking kind

or something like this (PowerMax http://www.gillathletics.com/store/product.aspx?id=994&d=2):

Really sweet pic of a dude high-steppin in his powermax vest


No comments:

Post a Comment